Harman Introduces JBL Trip, An All-in-One Portable Audio System for Any Car
JBL Trip allows consumers to make hands-free calls, stream music, and use smartphone navigation systems safely and with exceptional sound clarity
IFA 2015, BERLIN – HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE:HAR), the premier connected technologies company for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, today announced the JBL Trip, a new in-vehicle portable communication and entertainment system that offers superior sound and functionality while in the car or on-the-go. Trip allows drivers to make hands-free phone calls, listen to their favorite music and hear navigation voice prompts with exceptional clarity due to its proprietary active noise canceling technology. JBL Trip, the first in a line of new accessories from JBL, answers customers’ needs for convenience, portability and simplicity in a car speaker system, all at an affordable price.
Through the years, not only have vehicles changed, but consumer behavior and needs have evolved. Consumers want to manage different content – from mapping technology to streaming music and phone calls – all in their cars. Also, while many vehicles now come with navigation systems and Bluetooth compatibility already built-in, the majority of vehicles on the road do not have this capability. The evolution of what consumers want in their car, in addition to hands-free laws, has created a demand for functional audio solutions. JBL combined its knowledge of portable speakers with precision audio for the automotive market to create JBL Trip.
With no-installation necessary, JBL Trip works right out of the box and can easily be clipped to a car’s visor. Its effective noise-cancellation means clear phone calls even when the windows are down. It can be operated by voice command through Siri and Google Speech. Additionally, the JBL Trip can be removed from the car to continue a call or a playlist, making it the perfect portable device for travel.
“We have been making premium audio systems for consumers and the auto market for over 67 years,” said Jeffery Fay, VP and GM of Aftermarket Services at HARMAN. “Our JBL Trip is no exception to our commitment to offering our customers superior sound at an affordable cost. Additionally, the functionality of this portable speaker adapts to what consumers want now in their vehicles.”
The JBL Trip offers the following features and functionality:
- Bluetooth capability: with a smartphone paired via Bluetooth, drivers can easily conduct hands-free phone calls with crystal clear accuracy, hear navigation prompts, ADAS alerts from iONRoad and stream music.
- Dual noise cancelling microphone: eliminates background noise and makes for clear phone calls both in and out of the car.
- Voice control: for SIRI or Google speech, voice control makes operation both intuitive and simple.
- Advanced portability: lets drivers finish their conversation or playlist in the hotel, office or home.
- Magnetic mounting system: attaches to a vehicle visor quickly and easily with no installation required.
- Rechargeable battery: exceptional battery life provides more than 8 hours of wireless music, 20 hours of talk and 800 hours on standby.
Pricing & Availability
The JBL Trip is available from September for £79.99 at select retailers or visit http://uk.jbl.com